£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, MacDonald Humfrey Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Robotic & Vision Systems Manager, you will be working with-in a cutting edge Robotic & Vision systems team developing and delivering bespoke solutions on projects, from the design concept, through installation/start-up and continuous improvement phases, from large capital equipment projects to simple single robotic or vision applications.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Manage and oversee the development, installation and programming of robotic cells from concept to client handoverand any ongoing maintenance after install
- Manage the development of in-house robotic integration projects for new or continuous improvement projects
- Manage the development of new programming applications to meet stipulated machine cycle times
- Be the subject matter expert and go to person for difficult applications/projects providing troubleshooting and problem-solving advice and consultancy support
Degree qualified or equivalent in a related discipline, you’ll already have advanced knowledge and on-site industrial experience within a Robotics engineering environment,coupled with a background in servicing the aviation, automotive or material/baggage handling industries. You’ll also have
- Experience with PLC programming, SCADA systems & automation software (SIMATIC WinCC), schematic design and remote troubleshooting
- Understanding of robot programming with ABB, Fanuc or KUKA preferred, with the ability to write robotic code and functions in langue’s such as RAPID, KRL or Karel
- Experience with 3D design CAD packages such as Inventor or Solidworks
- Off Line-robot Programs using robot OLP software packages such as Process Simulate, and RobCAD Robot Studio
- Good understanding of PLC’s A-B Control Logix & Panelview HMI’s
- Programming experience in C/C++/C#
- Academic or industrial experience of developing and installing machine vision systems (Halcon/MIL/OpenCV/Sherlock - advantageous)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills required. Experience with MS Office
- A Meticulous attention to detail
Although the role is to be based from our Droitwich hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity