£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you’ll be specifically involved with developing our MachSecure® suite of products aimed at the port security sector, with focus on airports. This is a new greenfield project that will encompass a full system architecture from data modelling/database design, through SOA, to end client systems.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Maintaining and ensuring continuous improvement of existing products,
- Support the development of MachSecure Business Information System (MSBI).
- As the client side to new MSBI system will be heavily browser based, you’ll provide some web development resource to work alongside current developers to deliver fresh and dynamic interfaces to our customers, such as dashboards, monitors and real time KPIs
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a computing/developer discipline you’ll already have expert knowledge and experience working as a software developer covering a broad suite of computer programmes and languages.
You’ll be a self-starter who enjoys autonomy and can work with minimal supervision, take responsibility for your work and be familiar with the full lifecycle of software-based solutions to support the company’s product range. Additionally, you’ll be/have
- Experienced as a C# developer, ideally with Winforms, Windows Services with Microsoft SQL back end databases, with a focus on the design aspect of development
- Experienced withXML, Unit Testing, Design Patterns and Visual Studio 2013
- Any WCF Services or multi-threading experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SOA, messaging
- A general understanding enterprise IT and networks, with exposure to SCRUM\Agile methodologies and TFS advantageous
- Experience of developing in a Windows environment, such as WinForms, WinServices, function libs
- Additional knowledge of the following would be advantageous: SOA exposure – Preferably Micro Services, Messaging, WCF, Mongo, Angular4, REST, SignalR, HTML5, WebAPI
Although the role is to be based from our Luton hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and international, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity