£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management.
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Group Managing Director you will be a critical part of the business leadership team, responsible for developing and fostering a culture of continuous improvement (CI) by leading the groups improvement activities. This will involve managing and driving the formation and coordination of the business improvement portfolio of strategies, process improvement and rationalization.
Using lean and six sigma knowledge of CI tools, along with strong leadership competencies, you’ll recognize and drive opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the business. This will include training and mentoring across the whole organization the concepts of CI and the various tools used, working with the L3 MHA Business Leadership Team to develop an overall BP&CI strategy that best meets the needs of the organization. In addition, you’ll develop and foster a culture of CI by leading improvement activities involving employees from all levels of the organization, including developing the inputs from operational metrics, internal and external customer feedback, employee feedback and executive direction to identify challenges; taking these inputs to formulate the company’s Strategic Goal Deployment (SDG), improvement projects/events and process accountability.
Key responsibilities include
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of business transformation and partners with the Business Leadership Team in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of business process and continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Spearheads the annual development of company Strategic Goal Deployment (SGD) and execution throughout the year.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to all functional leaders to drive SGD goals and objectives down into the organisation and championing the use of Lean and Six Sigma continuous improvement tools to do so
- Develop, implement and deploy an operations/business continuous improvement roadmap that includes a project selection methodology, whilst driving the project selection process to gain maximum benefit
- Preparing needs analyzes of identified processes from the project selection list to achieve and exceed key metrics, including capacity planning and MRP and related business systems concepts to pull relevant reports
- Identifies opportunities and acts accordingly to ensure improvement, whilst also monitoring accordingly on BAU, including team charters, project review, communication on project run, risk of business interruption, service stability and effective incident resolution
- Maintain KPI reporting for global service delivery, relating to Incident management
- Produce and maintain the PIR’s (Post Incident Reviews) to a variety of audiences including senior and exec management level
Already experienced at senior level Business Process CI within a similar international operation, you’ll have excellent business acumen and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing circumstances, combined with the ability to be a self-starting, hands-on leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills who can work with people at all levels. Additionally, you’ll be:
- Influential, motivational and possess the ability to provide leadership to diverse groups
- Committed to a high change, fast paced and demanding business environment
- A team player, functioning effectively as a member of the sector/segment senior leadership team
- An effective and confident communicator, quickly gaining the respect of an established management team
- Principle based decision maker, quickly gaining trust and confidence of peers and subordinates
- Flexible with operational demands and travel
- Excellent math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills (see general competencies).
- Experience developing processes, writing procedures and training hourly and exempt associates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Full driving licence and current passport
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering preferred), similar technical degree and/or Business degree with extensive QBE.
- LSS Black Belt Certification
- Certified Kaizen Leader in 3 or more of the following lean tools preferred (Standard Work, Lean Conversion, Transactional Process Improvement, 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Total Productive Maintenance)
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity