£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our established, growing and respected Software Development team based in Luton, Bedfordshire. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you’ll support the management and resolution of customers technical issues on SQL related services, as well as taking a proactive stance in improving the services provided. You’ll also be given the opportunity to work with minimal supervision and take full responsibility within a friendly and well established team.
Key responsibilities will involve
- Developing, managing and supporting Microsoft SQL databases
- Take ownership of resolving technical issues and incident problems
- Maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting SQL database platforms, providing recommendations for continual service Improvement of managed services infrastructure
- Management and optimization of internal development database servers and databases
- Consultancy and support of deployed solutions within customer environments
Degree qualified or equivalent in a computing administrator discipline, you’ll already have expert knowledge and experience working as a Database Administrator covering a broad suite of computer Databases with and excellent understanding of deploying database solutions across multiple environments, including version and configuration management, combined with:
- An understanding of SQL environment management and how the database services support business processes
- Experience with database backup and recovery, authentication, security and performance monitoring
- A good working knowledge of resolving 3rdline SQL technical issues
- Data Modelling and analysis
- Other database technologies such as NoSQL, Non-Relational, document
- Visual Studio & TFS
- C#/.NET framework 4
Although the role is to be based from our Luton location, you’ll be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and International, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity