£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Estimating & Proposals Engineer, reporting to the Bids & Proposals Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and accurately forecasting the cost of projects by analyzing and compiling the cost factors, as well as creating quotation packages using process documentation, written specifications and design layouts.
Key responsibilities will include
- Working directly with customers to understand their processes and develop the best solutions for their requirements.
- Working with our sales team to professionally represent the company at a customer, gather data, and ask the right questions to define a project.
- Working with our engineers and designers to develop and quote cost effective solutions
- Typical applications are robotics, material handling & logistics, baggage handling, manufacturing, automation, controls
- Technology research / analysis
- Cost analysis and estimating
- Develop value-added propositions
- Write accurate and succinct proposals
Qualified to HND/HNC or equivalent in a related engineering discipline, you’ll already have extensive experience in a robotics, material handling & logistics, baggage handling, manufacturing, automation or industrial controls environment, together with excellent customer facing and negotiating skills. You’ll also have
- Time served apprenticeship
- Experience with automation methods and processes
- Supplier base knowledge
- Understanding of project costs within design, management and installation
- Good general level of Computer Literacy
- Excellent knowledge of MS office particularly Excel
- Accuracy in all work
- Ability to converse with customers on a technical nature both verbally and in writing
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity