£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, MacDonald Humfrey Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Test and Implementation Manager, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining our server hardware to ensure minimal disruption to our working day, whilst also providing up to 3rdline and hardware support to our employees as and when is required.
Key responsibilities will involve
- Setup and maintain SQL (2012/4/6/7) Windows Server (2012, 2012 R2 2016)
- Setup and maintain Cisco and HPE managed switches
- Configuring and installing APC UPSs and remote access hardware
- Work with external service and support providers as required
- Keep track of hardware location and asset management.
- Raise any possible issues/problems/improvements to any units that may require the attention of co-workers or a member of management.
- Create build guides for any new equipment
- Install software packages and settings, including systems, drivers, creating and deploying operating system images and setting required network settings
- Install and configure in-house software and 3rdparty packages
- Log all repairs, test diagnosis and equipment faults and order parts as required
You’ll ideally hold a relevant IT qualification, however exceptional candidates with extensive knowledge and experience will also be considered. You’ll also be at an advanced level in providing IT support up to 3rdline, as well as:
- Have a solid working knowledge and understanding of Windows and SQL Servers 2012, 2012 R2, 2014 and 2016, together with Windows operating systems –Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Have a good working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, Hyper V, Windows Server Clustering, Microsoft SQL Server Clustering and Domain Controllers
- A strong working knowledge and understanding of RAID arrays, HPE SANs, network infrastructure and structured cabling
- Have a high degree of competency in problem assessment and solving
- Able to communicate to Managers and Company Directors as well as customers at all levels
Although the role is to be based from our Luton hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity