£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the IT Manager, you will be responsible for the designing, planning, and implementation of networks, including LAN, WAN, and WLAN, investigating, diagnosing and resolving network problems, both locally and inter-office and installing, upgrading, configuring, and maintaining network equipment (wired and wireless). An essential part of your role will be the ability to explain technical issues clearly to non-technical staff.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Configuring and monitoring of firewalls and VPNs
- User administration in Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Maintenance of core servers and services including hardware/software upgrades, security and operational patching, configuration, troubleshooting and technical support
- Working with the IT team to support users with any general IT, hardware, software and network issues
- Supporting the configuration, deployment, and maintenance of Desktop & Laptop PCs, Printers, and AV Equipment
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft, Adobe, and Autodesk applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and SQL Server
Degree qualified in a relevant discipline you’ll already have extensive experience in an IT administrator’s role, coupled with a background and knowledge of:
- Working knowledge of major network components such as managed switches and wireless access points, Cisco & HP switching and router
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols: DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SNMP, Telnet, FTP, WINS
- Knowledge of physical network specifications such as copper, optical fibre, and wireless
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and later, including Active Directory
- CCNA, COMPTIA A+ & N+, MCP or MCSA
- Solid related network/systems experience, together with demonstratable analytic and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of software such as Active Directory 2008-2016, DHCP/DNS, Windows Server 2008-2016, IIS and SQL server administration
- Backup Exec, Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server 2008 onwards
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products 2010 to 2016 including Office 365, Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V), Cisco IOS switch and router
- Hardware to include Dell servers, Dell desktops, Dell laptops, HP and Cisco switches and routers, wireless
Due to the nature of our work, you’ll be flexible to working patterns, when necessary, and to travel to other sites in the group
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity