£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, MacDonald Humfrey Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
As a PLC Software Engineer and part of a cross functional project team, you will provide PLC and HMI software development, commissioning and support activities on highly complex and integrated automated manufacturing lines. You will be working with electrical, mechanical and process engineers to provide software solutions from the beginning of the design process, through the installation and start-up process of both large capital equipment projects and smaller continuous improvement projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing PLC & HMI software for new control systems
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing PLC and HMI systems, analysing data and presenting findings in written reports
- Working collaboratively with electrical engineers, process engineers and other staff
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Providing advice and consultancy support
- Produce written software test procedures
- Assist in developing new business proposals
- Complete and file all relevant documentation in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures
- Serve as a mentor to more junior experienced software engineers
- Perform as a technical leader or lead software engineer if required
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer software reviews, providing comments and suggestions as appropriate
Degree qualified in an engineering or a similar discipline, you’ll already have a wealth of knowledge and experience of major automation projects, ideally within airport (with HBS) or automotive type projects, combined with:
Highly experienced in developing and commissioning PLC and HMI software. Previous experience within major automation projects, ideally within airport (with HBS) or automotive type projects, including the use of the JADS, RAIDS / Rockwell DCP software standard. You will need to be self-motivated and possess a high level of individual initiative, with strong communication skills to achieve objectives.
A current, valid passport and full UK/EU driving License is mandatory for this role
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity