£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing
As Project Manager (PM), you’ll fully manage and deliver projects for our group and clients, identifying revenue opportunities and effectively managing our contractual relationships with a specific focus on our Controls and Automation offering.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Liaise with and manage the work provided by customers, clients and third-party suppliers
- Lead the technical and operational projects as PM and manage the continuous internal projects via the established change control processes
- Obtain and draw up detailed requirements from the project
- Use MS Project and the established principles of Prince 2 to plan and monitor projects
- Proactively identify and log risk areas to ensure contingency actions are quickly implemented
- Effectively manage project time frames to ensure they are on schedule with projected milestones, whilst developing the program management of the related projects
- Provide weekly reporting of progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Identify, establish and maintain positive business relationship with the project sponsors
- To complete and file all relevant documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures
- To maintain good communications with all interested parties to the project
The ability to influence through persuasion and relationships is essential to being successful in this position, whilst also possessing the broad skills involved in establishing and running project services function including building a team, developing organisational structures, designing work processes and implementing the project controls systems solution.
Additionally, you’ll have a strong background and working experience, in the field of industrial automation systems, coupled with previous senior responsibilities within major automation projects, ideally within automotive type projects, including management of multi-disciplined project teams is preferred, coupled with:
- Possessing a sound understanding of functions and implementation issues with project control systems
- Being adept at implementing effective risk management and change control processes
- Having advanced experience in establishing and implementing controls and reporting systems
- Ideally be Prince 2 practitioner qualified, however candidates with exceptional project planning experience will be considered
- Possess the gravitas and experience in effectively managing contractual 3rd party relationships
- The ability to switch from an operational to a strategic perspective at a senior level
- Preferably be educated to degree or equivalent level
- Focused & customer driven, with excellent commercially acumen and a strong eye for detail
- Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative
- Strong communication skills and the ability to delegate as appropriate while exercising a significant level of follow up to achieve objectives
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity