£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation (L3 MHA) is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing and carrying out the accurate planning and forecasting on ongoing projects, to fully assess and understand the project requirements and specification, clarifying and resolving any areas of concern and to develop comprehensive and factual planning and resource analysis.
Key responsibilities will involve
- Decide on the engineering techniques and milestone sequences for each project stage and execute the project plans, by involving and liaising with other departments to establish objectives
- Monitor the day-to-day work progress for your projects and provide accurate weekly and monthly reports by swiftly communicating potential progress delays or project slippages
- Tracking and analyzing field results, continually make comparisons between planned progress and actual progress and report any differences to their lead project manager
- Manage stakeholder and team communication Drive process improvement
HND/HNC or an equivalent qualification in a related engineering discipline, you’ll already have a thorough understanding of Primavera P6 planning and MSP tools, together with relevant Project Engineering and planning experience gained from within a continuous automotive, production line or material/baggage handling environment, in addition to
- A full understanding of NEC3 type contracts
- Knowledge of Manufacturing & Automation methods and processes
- Detailed project planning on manufacturing and installation methods
- Understanding of project costs such as design, management, installation
- Basic/intermediate AutoCAD, for reviewing layouts/drawings or similar packages
- Competent in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Visual Basic an advantage, but not necessary
Although the role is to be based from our Luton hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full UK/EU driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity