£Competitive, plus excellent benefits you would expect from a global organisation
Formed in 1988 and now part of L3 Technologies, MacDonald Humfrey Automation is a market leader in the supply of total turnkey system solutions and systems integration within Automotive, Airports, Aerospace, Logistics, Process and Warehouse Management
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability and Respect.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you’ll generate new qualified sales leads using experience of the Automation markets and current prospective industries, whilst also Identifying and interpreting customer requirements & converting them to costed solutions.
Key responsibilities will also include
- Producing technical proposals to the required level of detail as identified in the tender/RFQ
- Responding to customer enquiries & requests promptly, professionally and effectively
- Effectively presenting proposals and solutions to customers in line with requirements and handle questions or feedback constructively and professionally
- Effectively negotiate and close all potential sales
- Achieve buy in to proposed solution of all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Working as part of a sales/proposals team and adapting as required to ensure all workloads are prioritised
- Contribute to the overall business as required whether, or not the task is directly related to job role
- Managing and prioritising workload as required, applying a measured approach according to urgency/importance
You’ll have a track record in achieving and ceding Technical sales targets, demonstrable industry knowledge and the gravitas within our industry network to ensure L3 MacH is the supplier of choice, coupled with:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- The ability to influence decision makers, maximise sales growth and secure customers commitment to purchase
- Proven experience in the Mechanical Engineering and Materials Handling/Automation Industry
- Highly Organised & self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A sound understanding of MS Office packages & basic CAD
- An adaptable & flexible team player
- Good technical literacy skills
Although the role is to be based from our Droitwich hub, the successful candidate will be required to regularly travel to other locations within the UK and worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
L3 MacDonald Humfrey Automation is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity